A Simulator-Based Neuronal Database and Modeler's Workspace
James M. Bower and Jenny Forss (Caltech)
David Beeman (University of Colorado)
(This includes material that was omitted from the presentation due to
The Modeler's Workspace
- is the result of a long period of user studies and
prototyping of the user interface.
- is built on a database of modeling components that provide
- flexible access
- provides the user interface to:
- The local object-oriented database
- Remote databases on the internet (with CORBA)
- The GENESIS server
- The Digital Library for Neuroscience Literature (proposed)
- Reconstructs particular simulations
- As tutorials
- An example tutorial will be demonstrated
- Tutorial components are stored in the database
- Papers describing GENESIS models can be
co-published as tutorials
- For testing
- For modification and elaboration
(What data do we need in order to explore, modify, and create models?)
We have now
- Implemented the local object-oriented database
- Linked GENESIS to the Modeler's Workspace and the database
- Established collaborations with other database projects
How do we organize and access all this data?
Presentation and demonstration by Jenny
- Technical Details
These images are taken from the live demonstration that was performed.
The Modeler's Workspace was used to access a local object-oriented database to
examine models and to run them using the GENESIS server.