Developer Installation Fedora 10
Installing GENESIS on Fedora 10 requires executing the following major steps.
Note: Installation requires administrator privileges.
- Prepare and upgrade the system software.
- Download and install the DeveloperPackage.
- Install the software packages.
- Check if the installation was successful.
Prepare and upgrade the system software
For G-Tube the packages wxPython and wxPython-devel and their dependencies
must be installed.
Download and install the DeveloperPackage
- You can download the DeveloperPackage from the GENESIS package
archive. It is called developer-release-label.tar.gz, where release-label is
the current release identifier.
- For the most up to date version of the DeveloperPackage, you can
download the latest snapshot from the development repository here.
- Change to the directory where you downloaded the file.
- Unpack the archive by typing “tar xfz
- Change to the directory with the content of the archive by typing “cd
- Configure by typing “./configure”.
- Compile by typing “make”.
- Install by typing “sudo make install” (requires administrator
Install software packages
- Use the installer script to create the correct directory layout by typing
- Pull the archives of the source code by typing “neurospaces_pull”.
- Update the source code in the working directories by typing
- Generate make files by typing “neurospaces_configure”.
- Compile and install the software by typing “neurospaces_install”.
Check if installation was successful
This step is optional.
- Run tests of all the packages and save tester output to a file by typing
“neurospaces_check >/tmp/check.out 2>&1”.
- Check the output by typing “less /tmp/check.out”. Importantly,
search for lines containing the string error_count.